PETIT MIOCHE is our way to not only give our children the best start in life, but to create a better world for those in need. that's why we've partnered with Circle of Health International (COHI), a non-profit organization whose funds directly support women and children in crisis across the globe. we've pledged to donate 5% of the retail price of every garment to COHI—it's our way of lending a helping hand.
about Circle of Health International (COHI)
Circle of Health International (COHI) is an international humanitarian organization founded in 2004 with the mission to work with women and their communities in times of crisis and disaster to ensure access to quality reproductive, maternal, and newborn care.
in the last 13 years, COHI has responded to 20 humanitarian emergencies, served over 3,300,000 women domestically and internationally, delivered over $1,000,000 in supplies, placed over 250 volunteers and trained over 7500 clinical providers.
COHI is intentionally women-led and women-focused; their organizational strength is directly linked to the diversity of thought, expertise and approach of their staff, Board, and volunteers.
COHI does this work differently; they purposefully partner with like-minded and similarly-structured community based organizations to provide quality resources that are rooted in human dignity and cultural intelligence.
COHI invests; they prioritize partnerships with locally driven, environmentally responsible, and adaptable solution-oriented groups in crisis settings ensuring that COHI’s impact endures.
COHI currently supports these programs:
● Emergency obstetric training for Syrian midwives
● Maternal & child health clinics in Haiti
● Midwifery training programs for traditional birth attendants in Sierra Leone
● Partner midwives in an indigenous women's forum in Nicaragua
● Midwifery students and sexual health peer-to- peer advocate program in Nepal
● A clinic for refugees in the Rio Grande Valley on the Mexico/US border
● Peace Through Health Delegations to the Rio Grande Valley and Israel and the West Bank
● Austin Community Allies Network (ATXCAN) fostering activism on behalf of marginalized communities
● Feminism: being the belief that all humans are valued equally guides COHI in ensuring that we engage in programs directed at health of the women through which we reach and support the empowerment of the entire family and community.
● Collaboration: guides us in navigating interactions with the brave women and children that we serve, as well as with our corporate and business partners and donor relationships.
● Grassroots: community-based action is where COHI's work takes place. We work from the community outwards, believing that true social change takes place one individual at a time.
● Non-violence: in birth and in health. COHI advocates for consent on all levels with women deciding when, where, how and with whom they give birth and receive health care services.
● Innovation: identifies and supports emerging, creative female-focused strategies in social justice, organizational development and management, fundraising, medical, and supply testing and procurement, research, and social enterprise.